Monday, October 12, 2015

My Reflection: Looking Back at this Semester

What's your story? A question that begins the storytelling.

Looking back at this semester I feel like I really got into the storytelling aspect of the course with our weekly storytelling assignments. All my stories that I have told share a common theme about fish. The main reason for this theme was because of the name of my blog. My most current story was the "Super Shiny Goldfish" and that story was based off of the "Handsome King of the Apes." It also shares a little reference to Dragon Ball Z with the "Super Shiny Goldfish" title that the main character receives.

Throughout this semester I know that I have not submitted quite a bit of my assignments and that is due to me not scheduling my time very well. However, I am trying to do more as much as I can. I am currently working part-time but my work hours are just a few hours shy of being full-time. With this I am mostly working when I do not have class on campus. There are a few occasions when I don't have work and I do try to do as much as I can for this class as well as my other classes.

My main places that I study and do homework are either at home, the library, or in one of the study rooms in Wagner. Each time I am in my study sessions I try to spread my time evenly with all my classes. Most of the time I only have a few hours at a time to get as much done as I can for everything. Then for the times after work, I usually go to Wagner or at home depending if I got off of work earlier than usual or later.

I'll keep trying my best to finish as many assignments as I can so that my grade will go up and so that I'll have more stories to choose from to add to my Fishy Portfolio Guide.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Urian!

    This class is definitely tough if you don’t get your scheduling down pat. It sounds like you’re coming up with a game plan for that, though, which is great! I work as well, and it definitely makes this class hard. I started making a daily schedule of stuff to do for this class, and I feel like it really helps.

    I hope the rest of your semester goes really, really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Urian!
    I totally understand your struggle! I work close to 30 hours a week and it really is tough to make sure you get time everyday to do the assignments. I often find myself rushing to do it the morning they are due, so what I'm planning on doing is sunday just taking a few hours and trying to get most of the work done so that I don't have to do it all during the week!

    ReplyDelete