Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Week 2 Reading Diary A

For this week I have chosen to read stories from Aesop's Fables in the Classical unit. "Androclesand the Lion" was an enjoyable story to read due to its friendship between a man and the king of beasts. Gratitude is a something that we should all have and the story demonstrates what can happen because of gratitude. The story of “The Dog and the Wolf” had an interesting take on freedom. In the United States of America, there is a long history of freedom and slavery. In any case people will fight for their freedom rather than being a slave to another. I remember the story of the “The Lion and the Mouse” when I was in elementary school. Reading this story again brought back childhood memories of watching TV shows such as Reading Rainbow and Between the Lions which were both shows that revolved around reading and books. Another childhood story was the story of “The Hare and the Tortoise.” This story was one of the first fables I remember hearing about from family members who caught me running really fast around the house. They told me the story about “The Hare and the Tortoise” so that I would not run around so dangerously. The last story in Reading A of Aesop’s Fables is the story about “TheHare With Many Friends.” This story caught my eye because of the sad ending and moral. I have a lot of friends just like the Hare did in the story but I know only several of the many friends who would truly help me in nearly every situation I stumble upon. It makes me very grateful to have these close friends.
The Hare and The Tortoise

No comments:

Post a Comment