Friday, August 28, 2015

Week 1 Storybook Favorites

The Never-Ending Love Story: The Never-Ending Love Story is a story that I am somewhat familiar with because my culture has its own rendition of it. I am not quite sure how it goes anymore but I do remember listening to my late grandmother telling me the story when I was a child. The title of the story does indeed tell you that it is about a never-ending love story that will happen through many years that make it seem endless. The design of the layout increases the vibe of the story because the stars in the background just seem endless and the two lovers will always shine brightly next to one another.

Zeus and His Three Ladybirds: The story about Zeus and His Three Ladybirds is very interesting to me since I do know about his sexual affairs with many Goddesses and women. The intro to this story takes on the perspective of the Greek Gods and Goddesses psychiatrist. This takes a very interesting take on how the Gods are doing with their life and how the Psychiatrist, Dr. Roberts, got to be their divine therapist. Since knowing about Zeus’s sexual life, I am not surprised that there is a lot of drama between him and the other Goddesses. The layout and the design of this story is pretty simple and doesn’t really draw attention to reading the story.

Japanese Urban Legends: The last story I looked at was the Japanese Urban Legends. If you have read my posts before, then you should already know that I am a huge fan of the Japanese culture and kind of terrified by some of their scary folklore. This story sets the tone for an investigation with its design and introduction. With the suspects all being supernatural folklore creatures, this crime investigation story seems like it could be a horror movie. The introduction started out well with the murder case and the supernatural suspects that can kill you in an instant. I could not hold back on reading this story so I read through it and couldn’t sleep very much afterwards. The navigation of this story was really different from the other two because in the end you were able to choose who the murderer was and they all had different endings which was really interesting because it gave more information about the case and the suspect.
(Japanese Urban Legends: Tokyo Underworld)
All three stories had a very similar navigation bar and were easy to use. I will enjoy reading the rest of these stories since I read the last one last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment