Monday, August 31, 2015

Week 1, Growth Mindset

I believe that we all can improve nearly almost any aspect of our abilities if we really try hard enough. Most of the time there is room to grow and improve. However, I also believe that everyone has some sort of fixed area where we cannot grow as much as we would like to. In my case, I know that I have some areas where they are fixed and cannot improve any further. Although I believe that these areas are fixed, several of my close friends have told me that I can be better in those areas because we are the ones who limit our capabilities.

I once heard somewhere that if there was a perfect anything then there that anything would be a lost of interest since it does not have any imagination to grow creatively. Luckily we as humans are always growing and striving to be more than we were before. We learn from our mistakes and improve from it.
(Cat Error)

3 comments:

  1. I do know what you mean by having fixed areas that don't need improvement. I often think things like that, but I have found that I am often wrong about that--and even if I didn't think I needed to improve, I do in fact need to improve in that area.

    I like the meme you chose, I think it's very suiting for this idea. Sometimes we discover the areas that we need to improve, even if we didn't know they needed improving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Urian! Starting off, I want to say I like the meme that you posted. I agree that errors are the portals of discovery because we learn from our failures. Failures teach us what we didn’t know before and thus help us grow mentally. I can see what you mean by having areas that don’t need further improvement, and so those areas are fixed. That’s an interesting way to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Urian!
    I completely agree that we all have those fixed areas in our lives. Unfortunately, I feel like the areas I would prefer to grow in are those that are fixed for me. I do my best to grow in other aspects as much as I can.
    I am a big believer in learning from failures. If for some reason a person fails, then they must be able to learn something new and improve the next time around.

    ReplyDelete